Visitors say Exchange Cottage is very cosy!
Key features include:
- Sleeps 4 in one double bedroom and one twin bedroom (adult-sized bunk beds)
- Well equipped kitchen: electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, toaster and slow cooker
- Cosy sitting room with electric fire, TV, DVD and iPod docking facility and CD player (sofa bed on request)
- Library of books, DVDs, games, maps and local information
- Bathroom with WC, shower, wash basin and heated towel rail
- Central heating throughout
- On road parking opposite cottage or off road 100m away
- High chair and child gate avilable on request
- No smoking and, unfortunately, no pets
- WiFi access
The cottage is fully equipped with everything you need for a comfortable self catering stay, including towels and linen. The beds will be made up for you and milk will be in the fridge ready for a cup of tea when you arrive.
All visitors are welcomed with free tea, coffee, milk, biscuits, chocolate, soap, shampoo and hand cream.
The cottage is ideal for 4, but 6 good friends can be accommodated if they get on well!.
- Tideswell shops selling local produce
- Village Co-op (open to 10.00pm 7 days a week)
- Post Office (with laundry service) and general store
- 3 cafes - one next door to cottage (run by the local dairy)
- 2 pubs, 2 fish and chip shops and local country inn
- Two children's playgrounds
- Tideswell School of Food offering cookery classes
- Mobile cinema evenings in village pub
- Good local bus service
- Tideswell's famous church (Cathedral of the Peaks)
- The Opera House in Buxton and Sheffield theatres
- Derbyshire Peak Distrcict on your doorstep!
Exchange Cottage dates back to the 1700s. It was once part of a shop, Chapmans of Tideswell, and in World War Two the kitchen housed the telephone exchange, which is where the name of the cottage comes from.
Exchange Cottage has been lovingly restored and is a comfortable base to explore the local area all year round.